Roasted cauliflower with tahini sauce
: 5 min
: 25 min
: 30 min
Recently I fell in love with Middle Eastern cuisine. This recipe is a good reference of what to expect from this cuisine: a combination of savory, nutty tasted combined with fresh flavors to bring everything in balance. The nutty flavors come from the tahini (sesame seeds grinded until they become oily) and the roasted cauliflower. The parsley, lemon and pomegranate give it the necessary sour flavors. Without a doubt currently one of my favorite recipes!
- 1/2 cauliflower
- Olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (small)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons water
- Small handfull of flat leaf parsley
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pomegranate seeds
- Step 1 Cut the cauliflower in lenghtwise slices of 2 cm thickness.
- Step 2 Grease the baking sheet with olive oil and place the cauliflower on the sheet.
- Step 3 Season with salt.
- Step 4 Bake for 25 minutes.
- Step 5 Combine the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, water, parsley and cayenne pepper and blend smooth. Add extra water if necessary, but make sure it does not get to runny and diluted.
- Step 6 Take the cauliflower out of the oven and place on a plate. Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and garnish with some pomegranate seeds.
- Step 7 Serve warm or cold.