Hummus with root
: 10 min
: 40 min
- 200g carrots
- 100g canned chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon harissa or cayenne pepper
- Ice water
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Fresh thyme
- Pistachio nuts
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C.Wash the carrots and cut off the ends. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with olive oil, pepper and salt. Bake for about 40 minutes and leave to cool.
- Step 2 Cut the carrots into large pieces.
- Step 3 Blend the garlic with lemon juice.
- Step 4 Add the carrots and chickpeas and blend briefly until smooth.
- Step 5 Add the tahini, harissa, dried thyme, cumin, harissa or cayenne pepper and paprika and blend to a smooth mass. If necessary, add a little cold water if the mixture is too dry.
- Step 6 Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 7 Dress with pistachio nuts and finish with fresh thyme. Serve with flat bread.