Spiralized greek salad
Greek salad is one of the dishes that my mom used to make a lot. Therefore, this dish has some nostalgia to it for me. In this version I spiralise the cucumber. This not only looks great but by spiralizing the cucumber it will soak up the sauce a lot quicker, giving the salad a much better taste without having to let it rest overnight. If you do not have a spiralizer you can simply cut the cucumber in small pieces. This is a salad that is even better the day after so do not hesitate to make extra portions!
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- Cherry tomatoes (150g)
- 1 red onion
- Black olives (75g)
- Feta cheese (100g)
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Step 1 Mix the oregano, the lemon juice, olive oil and red wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 Spiralize the cucumber and and cut into 4 pieces. Alternative: cut the cucumber in small cubes.
- Step 3 Halve the cherry tomatoes and cut the bell pepper in small pieces.
- Step 4 Finely slices the red onion into rings.
- Step 5 Cut the feta cheese into cubes of 1-2cm.
- Step 6 Mix the vegetables, the cheese and the olives together with the dressing.
- Step 7 Let it rest for an hour or two in the fridge and serve..