Veggie hot dog with miso-sriracha mayo
The times that hot dogs were only served with sauerkraut and mustard are long gone. Haute dogs are... hot! However, vegetarians often also want to indulge in this insanely popular street snack. In this recipe I replaced the sausage with roasted carrots. Believe me, this recipe will even convince the most hardcore carnivores! Keep in mind that these veggie dogs are insanely addictive! It is best to roast some additional carrots so you can easily make seconds! You can store the roasted carrots in the fridge for a few days.
- 1 carrot
- Red cabbage
- Fried onions
- Red onion
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 sandwich
- Mayonaise (1 tablespoon)
- Sriracha (1 teaspoon)
- Miso paste (1/2 teaspoon)
- Step 1 Roast the carrot in the oven for approximately 40 minutes on 200°C with some olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Step 2 For the spicy mayo: mix the mayonaise with the miso paste and the sriracha.
- Step 3 Finely cut a small handful of red cabbage and 2 slices of red onion.
- Step 4 Cut the sandwich in the middle and lay a base of the red cabbage and the arugula in the middle.
- Step 5 Put the carrot on top and finish off with the mayo, red onion, finely sliced jalapeno pepper and some roasted dried onions.