Steamed soy beans (edamame)
It does not get much easier than this: only two ingredients and ready in 10 minutes! For this recipe I use frozen soy bean pods. These can be found in the freezers of nearly every Chinese or Japanese supermarket, but you can also find them in some regular supermarkets. To eat them you simply put the entire pod in your mouth while holding on to the end with two fingers. The soy beans are easily released by lightly chewing on the pods. An ideal and healthy snack or as a light appetizer before a meal.
- Handfull frozen soy beans
- Fleur du sel
- Step 1 Fill the bottom of a cooking pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Step 2 Add the frozen soy beans to a steaming basket and place above the cooking pot. Cover with a lid.
- Step 3 Steam for approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Step 4 Remove the basket from the cooking pot and leave to rest for a few minutes and finish of with fleur du sel.