Kippenvleugeltjes met honing en whiskey
Chicken wings are one of my favorite parts of the chicken. The ratio of crispy skin and white meat is the best with the wings! Chicken wings are often associated with Kentucky Fried Chicken but they deserve better, really! The combination of grilled chicken, honey and whisky is really irresistible, if I may say so! This recipe has become a classic as appetizer at my BBQ's! If you don't have a BBQ you can easily bake them in the oven at 180°C for about 25 minutes!
- Chicken wings (1 kg)
- 1 clove of garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Step 1 Turn on the BBQ.
- Step 2 For the marinade: combine the garlic, ginger, thyme, oregano, soy sauce, whiskey and garlic.
- Step 3 Place the chicken wings on the BBQ. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4 Grill the chicken wings on a low heat and turn often for about 25 minutes. Raise the temperature near the end.
- Step 5 Take the chicken wings off the BBQ, cut them in the middle (optional) and mix them with half of the marinade in a bowl.
- Step 6 Put them back on the BBQ for a minute or 2. Be careful because due to the honey they caramelise very quickly, so turn often and do not leave the BBQ!
- Step 7 Take the wings off the BBQ, mix with the remaining marinade and put them back on the BBQ for a minute or so.
- Step 8 Take them off the BBQ, let them rest for a few minutes and serve!