Roasted whole cauliflower
Sometimes it are the most simple dishes that steal the show. This whole roasted cauliflower is not only beautiful to look at but it also tastes delicous! This recipe has a slight Middle-Eastern touch because of the use of ras el hanout, which pairs perfectly with grilled lamb. However, you can easily switch the spices. For example, replace the ras el hanout with garlic powder and/or finish off with a bit of lemon juice for a fresh taste!
- 1 cauliflower
- Olive oil
- Ras el hanout
- Step 1
Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Step 2 Cut the greens off the cauliflower, but do not remove the stem from the cauliflower to prevent it from falling apart.
- Step 3 Coat the cauliflower with a generous amount of olive oil.
- Step 4 Season with salt, pepper and ras el hanout and massage the herbs into the cauliflower with your hands.
- Step 5 Place the cauliflower in an oven-proof dish and cover with aluminium foil.
- Step 6 Bake for 30 minutes on 180°C.
- Step 7 After 30 minutes remove the aluminium foil and continue baking for 1 hour.
- Step 8 Leave to rest for a few minutes and serve.