Grilled zucchini with mint, chili and feta
These grilled zucchini's show up at nearly every BBQ that I organise. The fresh taste of the feta cheese and the mint pair perfectly with nearly every piece of meat or fish, but in particular with lamb. This dish can also be the main star at a vegetarian BBQ. Do you dislike mint in your food? Fresh basil or oregano are great replacements!
- 1 zucchini
- Olive oil
- 1/2 red chili pepper
- Feta cheese (50 grams)
- Fresh mint (approx. 6 leaves)
- Step 1 Pre-heat the BBQ or a grill pan on a high heat.
- Step 2 Cut the zucchini lenghtwise in slices of approximately 1-2mm. Use a mandolin for this if available.
- Step 3 Grill the zucchini on each side for approximately 2 minutes.
- Step 4 Transfer the grilled zucchini to a plate and coat with a dash of olive oil.
- Step 5 Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 6 Remove the seeds from the chili pepper, mince and sprinkle over the zucchini.
- Step 7 Crumble the feta cheese over the zucchini.
- Step 8 Finely mince the mint and sprinkle over the zucchini.