I am not a huge fan of fruit in savory meals, but for this grilled watermelon I happily make an exception! Quickly grilling watermelon really brings it to life. As watermelon mostly consists out of water and does not have a very sweet taste, you can easily give it the flavor you want by using some spices. With some thyme, mint, salt and pepper it quickly gets a savory flavor. Fun as an original appetizer, but also perfect as a meat replacement for a vegetarian BBQ!
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Step 1 Preheat a grill pan or put on the BBQ (for a gas bbq: High heat).
- Step 2 Cut the watermelon in slices of approximately 3-4 cm thickness.
- Step 3 Grill the watermelon for 1,5 minute, turn 45° and grill for another 1,5 minute.
- Step 4 Turn the watermelon over and repeat.
- Step 5 Take the watermelon off the heat and finish with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper, finely chopped mint, thyme and crumbled feta cheese.