Grilled cherry tomatoes with mozarella
This recipe is a variation on the classic and well-known cold tomato mozzarella salad. In any case, cherry tomatoes have a much stronger taste than ordinary tomatoes and by grilling them in the oven, the flavours are even more concentrated.
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- 1 ball mozarella (125g)
- Oregano or basil
- Step 1 Remove the mozzarella from the fridge and let it reach room temperature.
- Step 2 Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Step 3 Wash the cherry tomatoes and place in the oven in an oven dish (leave the stalks on) together with the unpeeled garlic cloves and a dash of olive oil.Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Step 4 Remove the oven dish from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Step 5 Remove the tomatoes from the oven dish and place on a plate.
- Step 6 Crush the garlic cloves in the oven dish and stir well with the juices that are in the oven dish. Tear the mozzarella into pieces and place on the plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 7 Pour the sauce over the mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Step 8 Finish with a few leaves of oregano or basil.