Grilled fennel with truffle oil and parmesan cheese
: 5 min
: 15 min
: 20 min
Fennel is an awesome vegetable that unfortunately does not show up on the table of many people. The anise flavor of raw fennel is not to everyone's taste. When you bake fennel in a pan or grill it slowly, the anise flavor dissapears for the most part and instead you get a mild flavor that is easily pairable with various flavors. Here I decided to combine it with the strong flavors of olive oil and parmesan cheese. The dressing is balanced with some lemon juice for a fresh touch. If you don't like truffle, you can easily omit it and replace it with olive oil.
- 1 fennel
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Step 1 Preheat the grillpan or fire on the BBQ.
- Step 2 Cut the fennel lenghtwise in strips of 1-2 cm thickness. Keep the greens to use at the end as garnish.
- Step 3 Grill the fennel for approximately 15 minutes on a medium heat or until tender (but still with some bite to it). Turn regularly and transfer to a plate.
- Step 4 For the dressing, mix the olive oil, truffle oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Step 5 Pour the dressing over the fennel.
- Step 6 Finish with fine slivers of parmesan cheese and garnish with the greens of the fennel.
- Step 7 Serve hot.