Belgian endive soup
: 5 min
: 25 min
: 30 min
- 4 Belgian endives
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 10-20tal cl cream
- Olive oil
- Colorful shoots such as radish shoots as garnish (optional)
- Step 1 Slice the yellow crown of the endives in very thin slices and keep them in a bown of cold water so that they do not turn brown. This will be used as a garnish at the end.
- Step 2 Cut the endives and the onion in large pieces.
- Step 3 Preheat a cooking pot on medium heat and sauté the onions together with a tablespoon of olive oil until transluscent. Add the endives together with the finely chopped garlic and sauté for approximately 4 minutes.
- Step 4 Deglaze with the dry sherry.
- Step 5 Add water until the endives are covered and let the vegetables simmer until they are soft (5 to 8 minutes).
- Step 6 Add everything to a blender and blend smooth on a high speed (1 or 2 minutes).
- Step 7 Add the cream and pour the soup back into the cooking pot and reheat on a very low heat until the raw taste of the cream has disappeared.
- Step 8 Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 9 Pour the soup into individual bowls and finish off with the yellow endive slices and some shoots for garnish. Serve with a dash of olive oil.