Quiche with avocado and goat cheese
For this quiche I have replaced the standard vegetables with avocados and paprika. Avocados are mostly used in cold dished, but the can also be delicious in warm preparations. Because avocados do not have a strong flavor it is important to season well. If you prefer a non-vegetariant version, you can easily add some baked bacon pieces to the mixture. However, in this case do be carefull with the amount of salt and parmesan cheese to prevent that the quiche is too salty. If you want to make a larger quantity the baking time will be longer. Prick with a knife through the quiche to see if it is done. If no liquid egg sticks to the knife you can take the quiche out of the oven.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 red paprika (70g)
- 1 small avocado (100g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 30g parmesan cheese
- Handfull chopped parsley (10g)
- 125 ml milk
- Goat cheese
- Step 1 Preheat the oven on 180°C.
- Step 2 Break the eggs and mix until smooth.
- Step 3 Chop the paprika and avocado into small cubes and add together with the salt and pepper to the egg mixture. Stir well.
- Step 4 Grate the parmesan cheese and add to the mixture together with the parsley and the milk.
- Step 5 Stir everything together.
- Step 6 Cut the baking paper to the size of the oven dish and press into the oven dish. For the volumes of this recipe I used an oven dish with a diameter of approximately 20 cm.
- Step 7 Pour the mixture in the dish and place in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until sufficiently stable.
- Step 8 Take out of the oven and add a few slices of goat cheese on top of the quiche. Continue baking for 5 more minutes.
- Step 9 Take out of the oven and leave to rest for a few minutes prior to serving.