This vegetarian lasagna is really delicious! The walnuts and sun-dried tomatoes are such a taste bomb that you won't miss the meat at all! Feta is also a good alternative to mozzarella and makes the lasagna less watery.
- 2 cloves look
- handful of walnuts (100g)
- Sundried tomatoes in oil (150g)
- Fresh basil or oregano
- Za'atar (2 tablespoons)
- Tin tomato cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large aubergines
- Feta cheese
- Step 1 Preheat the oven at 200°C.Cut the aubergines lengthwise into slices half a cm thick. Place the aubergines on an oiled baking tray, pour some oil on top and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven until the aubergines are lightly coloured.
- Step 2 Finely mix the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, canned tomatoes, basil/oregano, za’atar and walnuts in a blender. Season with salt and pepper
- Step 3 Put a layer of the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Crumble a little feta over the sauce. Lay one layer of the aubergines on top of the sauce and feta. Repeat until everything is used up. Finish the top layer with sauce and extra feta. Bake in the oven at 200°C for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned
- Step 4 allow to cool and serve!