Cocktail with watermelon, cucumber and mint
This refreshing and versatile cocktail gives you an instant summer feeling! The addition of cucumber to the cocktail may seem somewhat strange, but after one sip you will notice that it pairs perfectly with the watermelon! You can replace the rum with wodka or gin. For a more luxurious version you can use cava or sparkling wine instead.
- 1/2 cucumber- 125g (peeled)
- 250g watermelon (deseeded)
- 15 mint leaves
- 1 lime
- 70ml white rum
- 1 tablespoon sugar syrup (optional)
- Step 1 Peel the cucumber and cut it together with the watermelon in rough pieces.
- Step 2 Blend the cucumber, the watermelon and the mint in a blender until very smooth.
- Step 3 Pass the mixture through a fine mesh.
- Step 4 Add the lime juice and the white rum and stir well.
- Step 5 Taste the cocktail and add some sugar syrup if necessary. The sweetness will vary depending on how ripe the watermelon is.
- Step 6 Fill a glass with ice cubes and pour the mixture on top of the ice.
- Step 7 If feeling fancy: garnish with a sprig of mint and a slice of lime.