Sandwich with hummus and avocado
This sandwich needs no introduction. Who doesn't like hummus or avocados? The pomegranate seeds give some extra bite and a pleasant sweet-sour taste to the dish. In other words: food heaven! Tip: cut the pomegranate in half and tap with the back of the spoon on the back of the pomegranate to easily release the seeds.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 250g chickpeas (boiled or tinned)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 50ml mild olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt (fine)
- 4 slices of multi-grain bread (2-3 cm thickness)
- 2 ripe avocados
- Fleur du sel
- 4 large tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Radish shoots (Alternative: finely chopped radishes)
- Step 1 Blend the peeled clove of garlic for approximately 5 seconds.
- Step 2 Add the chickpeas (without liquid) to the blender together with the cumin, lemon juice and tahini and blend for 1 minute.
- Step 3 Slowly add the olive oil and blend until smooth. Add extra olive oil if needed.
- Step 4 Transfer the hummus to a bowl and finish to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Step 5 Cut the bread in slices of 2-3 cm thickness.
- Step 6 Smear a layer of 1/2 cm hummus on the bread.
- Step 7 Halve the avocados, deseed and peel them and cut them in thin lenghtwise slices. Divide them over the sandwishes.
- Step 8 Finish with some fleur du sel.
- Step 9 Garnish with radish shoots and pomegranate seeds.