Sandwich with avocado, peas and mint
When you think about toppings for sandwiches most people immediately think about avocados and with good reason. Avocados are full of vitamins and other healthy nutrients, nut more importantly: they taste amazing! Unfortunately, they are also high in fat causing the amount of calories to stack up quickly. In this recipe half of the avocado is replaced with green peas. This does not only lower the amount of calories, but also brings the taste of both the avocado and the peas to a whole new level! In other words: a winning combination! It is not necessary to cook the peas beforehand. Just take a handfull of peas out of the freezer and leave to defrost at room temperature or soak in warm water if you are short in time.
- 1 clove of garlic (small)
- 1 avocado (150g)
- 150g green peas (defrosted)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 15tal mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 sandwiches
- Step 1 Finely chop or press the garlic through a garlic press.
- Step 2 Half, deseed, peel and chop the avocado in small pieces.
- Step 3 Finely chop the mint leaves.
- Step 4 Add the garlic, mint, avocado and peas to a food processor and process shortly. The mix can have some texture left so it is not necessary to process it too finely. Alternative: Mash the ingredients in a bowl with a fork.
- Step 5 Finish off with the lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
- Step 6 Divide the mix between the sandwiches.